In a section entitled, “Never Let a Media Hit Go to Waste,” Ronn Torossian explains,
“When we secure features and timely interviews in media for any client, it’s just the beginning of the value of a media hit. Many broadcast news stories make it into print, social media (which is King), and print articles often have more value after they are published than they do when they first appear.
Some tips on making that media mention last:
- Build links to positive stories and ask for linkbacks to your site for value SEO.
- Post articles on your social media platforms and website.
- Take excerpts from the media and use them in marketing materials and advertising (“According to XYZ News outlet, CEO John Doe is a leading strategic thinker . . .”).
- Create a PR book. Fill it with copies of media mentions and articles. Place a binder on your desk, in your reception area, and give one to your C-suite executives and sales managers.
- Create PDFs of important stories so they can be easily emailed.
- Frame reprints and line your walls with them.
- Send article mentions to a robust email list of past and present customers and constituents, opinion leaders, bankers, investors, key vendors and clients, political leaders, and media contacts.
- Use media mentions to recruit talent.
Ronn Torossian is CEO of one of America’s largest PR firms, and one of America’s most prolific and well-respected public relations professionals.
IVOX NEWS :: SOURCE Ronn Torossian, 5WPR