Jimmy’s Jazz & Blues Club’s schedule of shows for September 2022 includes 20x-GRAMMY® Award-Winning Jazz Guitar Icon PAT METHENY, 5x-GRAMMY® Award-Winning Bassist VICTOR WOOTEN, Legendary 4x-Blues Music Award-Winning Guitarist & Singer WALTER TROUT, GRAMMY® Award-Winning Bassist & Funk Pioneer GEORGE PORTER, JR., 3x-GRAMMY® Award-Winner & World-Renowned Double Bassist RON CARTER, and many other award-winning musicians, including GRAMMY® Award-Winning Gypsy Jazz Guitarist STEPHANE WREMBEL and GRAMMY® Award-Winning Keyboardist Extraordinaire JORDAN RUDESS of Dream Theater, among others.
The current schedule of shows at Jimmy’s Jazz & Blues Club can be found at www.jimmysoncongress.com/events. Tickets are available for purchase on Jimmy’s website or on Ticketmaster.
September 2022 Schedule of Shows
The Jimmy’s Jazz & Blues Club September 2022 schedule is as follows:
- 20x-GRAMMY® Award-Winner & 38x-GRAMMY® Award Nominated Jazz Guitarist and Composer PAT METHENY on Thursday & Friday September 1st and 2nd at 7 and 9:30 P.M.
- 5x-GRAMMY® Award-Winner & 10x-GRAMMY® Award Nominated Bassist VICTOR WOOTEN on Saturday September 3rd at 7 & 9:30 P.M.
- Avant-Funk Power Duo SOULE MONDE on Sunday September 4th at 7:30 P.M.
- Patrick Zimmerli’s “Messages” Featuring GRAMMY® Award-Winning Tenor Saxophonist CHRIS POTTER; GRAMMY® Award-Winning Alto Saxophonist MICHAEL THOMAS; GRAMMY® Award Nominated Baritone Saxophonist RON BLAKE; and 4x-GRAMMY® Award Nominated Bassist SCOTT COLLEY on Wednesday September 7th at 7:30 P.M.
- Acclaimed Guitarist WAYNE KRANTZ; World-Renowned Drummer KEITH CARLOCK; and GRAMMY® Award Nominated Bassist TIM LEFEBVRE on Thursday September 8th at 7:30 P.M.
- GRAMMY® Award Nominated Vocalist & Pianist NICOLE ZURAITIS on Friday September 9th at 7:30 P.M.
- Legendary 4x-Blues Music Award-Winning Guitarist & Singer WALTER TROUT on Saturday September 10th at 7:30 P.M.
- NEA Jazz Master & Acclaimed Jazz Singer SHEILA JORDAN on Sunday September 11th at 5:30 P.M.
- World-Renowned Jazz Guitarist KURT ROSENWINKEL Featuring GRAMMY® Award Nominated Pianist AARON PARKS; GRAMMY® Award-Winning Bassist ERIC REVIS; and GRAMMY® Award Nominated Drummer GREGORY HUTCHINSON on Wednesday September 14th at 7:30 P.M.
- GRAMMY® Award Nominated Trumpeter & Composer AMBROSE AKINMUSIRE on Friday January 21st at 7:30 PM.
- GRAMMY® Award-Winning Bassist & Legendary Funk Pioneer GEORGE PORTER, JR. on Saturday September 17th at 7:30 P.M.
- GRAMMY® Award-Winner & 3x GRAMMY® Award Nominated Keyboardist Extraordinaire JORDAN RUDESS of Dream Theater on Thursday September 22nd at 7:30 P.M.
- Acclaimed 7-Piece Funk, Soul and R&B Band – THE SUFFERS on Friday September 23rd at 7:30 & 10 P.M.
- GRAMMY® Award-Winning Gypsy Jazz Guitarist STEPHANE WREMBEL on Saturday September 24th at 7:30 P.M.
- GHOST-NOTE, Headed by Snarky Puppy’s Multi-GRAMMY® Award-Winning Percussion Duo of ROBERT “SPUT” SEARIGHT and NATE WERTH, and Featuring Prolific Bass Guitarist DWAYNE “MonoNeon” THOMAS on Wednesday September 28th at 7:30 P.M.
- 3x-GRAMMY® Award Winner & 5x-GRAMMY® Award Nominated World-Renowned Double Bassist RON CARTER on Friday September 30th at 7 & 9:30 P.M.
Over four years in the making following the meticulous historic restoration of an original 1905 YMCA building, the club – named for local businessman James Labrie, who died in 2016 – is the brainchild of his sons, local restaurateurs/developers and jazz and blues enthusiasts Michael and Peter Labrie, co-owners of the Labrie Group, a real estate corporation. The company also owns Atlantic Grill and River House restaurants.
“We wanted to make a valuable contribution to jazz and blues music and felt the best way to accomplish this was to create one of the best jazz and blues clubs in the world — right here in the Greater Portsmouth, NH seacoast community my brother and I love so much,” Michael says.
Inspired by a Moulin Rouge-style cabaret ambience, the venue boasts a multi-level, brick-and-beam interior with original stained-glass features, two majestic original atrium windows, and a new, multi-floor glass and steel addition in the rear. All guests at Jimmy’s will discover an architectural treasure that is a blend of lovingly preserved historic details and new beautifully crafted construction.
“Our vision is for Jimmy’s Jazz & Blues Club to represent the highest standard of excellence in music, food, and service. We want to create the most positive and memorable live music experiences for every guest who comes through the door at Jimmy’s,” says Peter Labrie.
Jimmy’s 1-Year Anniversary
Jimmy’s Jazz & Blues Club celebrates its 1-Year Anniversary on September 30th 2022 with 3x-GRAMMY® Award Winner & 5x-GRAMMY® Award Nominated World-Renowned Double Bassist RON CARTER. Ron Carter has appeared on over 2,250+ recording sessions, making him the most-recorded jazz bassist in history. In 2021, Carter received the Jazz Journalist Association “Lifetime Achievement Award.” Carter was a member of the second Miles Davis Quintet in the mid-1960’s, which also included Herbie Hancock and Wayne Shorter.
At Jimmy’s Jazz & Blues Club it’s about showcasing some of the greatest living artists out there. Just take a look at Jimmy’s lineup over the past year. On Jimmy’s stage, on almost any given day of the week, you’ll see GRAMMY® Award-Winners, GRAMMY® Award Nominees, musical legends, Blues Music Award-Winners, and some of the most talked about up-and-comers.
Looking for legends? How about Herbie Hancock, Taj Mahal, Wynton Marsalis, Mavis Staples, Charles Lloyd, Elvin Bishop, Dee Dee Bridgewater, Ronnie Earl, or Arturo Sandoval.
Maybe something more contemporary? Lee Ritenour, Brian Blade, Fred Hersch, Madeleine Peyroux, Christian McBride, Ruthie Foster, Stacey Kent, Nate Smith, Ana Popovic, and Eric Gales all graced Jimmy’s stage.
Perhaps you want to make a discovery? Then come hear the likes of Amy Helm, Gerald Clayton, Morgan James, Christian Sands, Southern Avenue, Danielle Nicole, Delvon Lamarr Organ Trio, Vanessa Collier, J.P. Soars, or Samara Joy.
Or maybe you want to hear something more out of the box? Then come see Stanley Jordan, Shemekia Copeland, Spyro Gyra, Cindy Blackman Santana, Matt Schofield, Jose James, The Soul Rebels, Dumpstaphunk, Tommy Castro & The Painkillers, or Jon Cleary & The Absolute Monster Gentlemen.
And this is but a short list of the talented musicians who have appeared on Jimmy’s stage over the last year. All Jimmy’s Jazz & Blues Club’s currently available shows can be found on Jimmy’s Online Event Calendar.
IVOX NEWS :: SOURCE: Jimmy’s Jazz & Blues Club